Spiceworks: MSP’s Price, Reputation Are Key Factors for IT Executives
Many IT executives said they believed managed service providers (MSPs) will help them overcome budget and time constraints this year, according to a new survey from JDL Technologies and Spiceworks.
A new survey from JDL Technologies and Spiceworks showed many IT executives are leveraging managed service providers (MSPs) to better control their budgets and time.
A new survey from JDL Technologies andSpiceworks showed many IT executives are leveraging managed service providers (MSPs) to better control their budgets and time. So what are the top services that companies are looking to outsource to MSPs?
Researchers found connectivity and bandwidth were two of the top IT functions outsourced to MSPs, followed by 24/7 network monitoring, virtualization and disaster recovery and security.
IT executives cited three advantages to using MSPs:
- 73 percent of survey respondents said they believed the top benefit was reducing the need to hire additional information technology staff.
- 68 percent indicated using an MSP enables their information technology staffs to become more productive.
- 61 percent said using an MSP offers access to greater technical expertise than what is available in-house.
“Price, reputation, reliability and references are top factors in selecting a managed service provider,” JDL Technologies said.
Other survey findings included:
- 66 percent of respondents cited time constraints as a major challenge. In addition, 65 percent said budgetary issues were challenging.
- 57 percent of IT budgets will be the same or smaller in 2014 than they were in 2013, and 26 percent of respondents expected bigger IT budgets this year.
- 40 percent of repondents planned to use at least one MSP this year.
The survey was completed during the fourth quarter of 2013 to provide insight into what drives organizations to use managed services and their criteria for selecting an MSP, according to JDL Technologies. It included responses from chief information officers, IT managers and network and systems administrators.
JDL Technologies has summarized the survey results in an eBook that can be requested from the company here.